Snoozed on your Valentine’s Day present? It’s not too late to give your special someone a DIY pop-up card that’s fully torqued!
- Stapler and/or Glue
- 2 sheets of red construction paper
- 1 sheet of pink construction paper
1. Fold one sheet of red construction paper into quarters. Open it back up and cut in half along the shorter crease. Fold one of the remaining halves along the crease and discard the other.
2. With the crease facing toward you, fold the top layer downward at a 30-degree angle, leaving approx 1-inch at the top-right and bottom-left corners (fig. 2). Flip and repeat the fold on the other side (fig. 3).
3. Cut a 1-inch-wide strip, lengthwise, from the pink construction paper. This will represent his stomach. (fig. 4)
4. Cut triangles using both bottom corners of the remaining pink paper, each about 3 inches long. These will represent his legs. (fig. 5)
5. Fold the second sheet of red paper in half along the shorter side. This will be your card.
6. Staple or glue all 3 pink pieces to the inside of the card as shown in fig. 6.
7. Using a marker, draw Anders’ bellybutton in the middle of the top pink strip.
8. Staple or glue the red paper from step 2 as shown in fig. 7. Make sure the opposing creases of the card and the pop-up line up correctly.
9. Add personalized messages to the card (fig. 8 and fig. 9) and send it off!
10. Buck your soul mate.